- 1 cup white
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Generously grease and flour a 9 inch pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in melted butter or margarine and vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in evaporated milk followed by coconut. Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Chill before serving.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier